Make it on Sunday, and enjoy it for the rest of the week!
– Easy to make at home (15 minute prep, 30 minute bake)
– Cheaper than store bought granola
– You control the amount of sugar and fat
– Tailor it to satisfy your tastes by adding your favorite flavors!
1. Mix dry ingredients: (use a big bowl)
5 cups dry oats
2 cups chopped nuts (I used almonds, pecans, cashews)
¼ cup flax seeds
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup raw buckwheat groats
2. Add liquid ingredients:
½ cup agave syrup (can also use maple syrup or honey)
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP oil (I used olive)
3. Bake at 350⁰ for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes to ensure even cooking
4. Add extras!
½ cup dried fruit, chopped (I used raisins, apricots, dates)
Other options: chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, any dried fruit (craisins, dried bananas, etc)