Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups almond flour (I buy mine from Costco, though it’s pretty expensive)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
4 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
6-8 TBSP pure maple syrup (can substitute with honey, agave, or regular sugar)
2 flax eggs*
½-1 cup chocolate chips
1. Mix dry ingredients together. (first three ingredients)
2. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining wet ingredients together.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and add desired amount of chocolate chips.
4. Form into small cookies and place on parchment paper. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes about 40 small cookies. You can make these cookies any size you want– I like to make them small. NOTE: These cookies will not “spread”, so the shape you create will more or less be the shape they stay in when you bake them.
* To make 1 flax egg: mix 1 TBSP ground flaxseed (or chia seed) with 3 TBSP water.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe on The Detoxinista.